Photodermatitis is caused by hypersensitivity of the skin to sunlight when combined with certain factors such as drugs, dyes and cosmetics. The symptoms that usually appear are redness, itching, swelling and in more severe cases there is peeling of the skin and blisters.
Photodermatitis can be toxic or allergic:
Phototoxic dermatitis is a reaction that occurs when a person is exposed to the sun while taking medication or in contact with cosmetic skin. Symptoms appear up to 24 hours after exposure to the sun.
Photoallergic dermatitis occurs when a substance becomes allergenic due to sunlight. This substance under normal conditions does not cause allergic skin reactions. This skin disease is caused by drugs (anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, anxiolytics), cosmetics (soaps, deodorants, sunscreens). The symptoms appear within 48 hours from the contact with the allergen and presuppose the sensitization of the person to the specific substance.
In both cases you should visit your Dermatologist for Treatment and instructions.