It is not possible to foresee how a patient would react to vitiligo treatment.
The type of treatment depends on the general health, the age and the areas where vitiligo appeared on his body.
Results may vary from one body part to the other.
By combining 2 or more treatments we generally get better results.
For the treatment of vitiligo we recommend:
- Local treatment (local corticosteroids, substances that can restore skin color)
- Phototherapy (use of leght of specific wavelength for the repigmentation of the skin)
- Photochemotherapy (PUVA)
- Surgery (when all other treatments have failed)
- Alternative treatments (some minerals, vitamins, amino acids and enzymes are considered helpful in vitiligo treatment)
- Depigmentation (it removes the remaining color of the skin)